If you lose power, follow these steps before you report your outage
- Check your breaker box or fuse panel. Reset any breakers or replace any fuses.
- Check the main disconnect breaker at the meter base. Reset the breaker by turning it off, then back on again.
- If possible, check to see if your neighbors are without power.
We have a few ways to report your outage. Let us know we need to dispatch a crew by
- Texting OUTAGE to 25069
- Using TCEC Connect
- Using the online outage map. You will need your account information.
- Calling 817.444.3201. Your call will be answered by our employees or automated answering service. If you can provide information, such as you heard a loud noise or your entire neighborhood is out, our employees will be able to restore more efficiently.
Tri-County Electric Cooperative's service territory touches 16 counties and serves over 131,000 meters. If we experience a widespread outage, our phone lines may be busy. We appreciate your patience and value your membership.
Members can track their outage on
- TCEC Connect
- The online outage map
Our Facebook page is a great place to go to get updates, however it is not an effective way to report your outage. Please remember our social media is not monitored 24/7 and we may not post outage information for member safety and privacy.