Interested applicants should send application and/or resume to:
Tri-County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
600 Northwest Parkway
Azle, TX 76020
Tri-County Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer excellent benefit package(s) with full time employment. Wages based on experience/qualification/skills. Physical, drug, alcohol test screening required.
Position: Purchasing/Contracts Administrator
Shift: 1st – Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Azle, TX
FLSA Designation: Full Time - Exempt
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, managing, evaluating and budgeting for purchasing activities, purchasing policies and strategies, including the identification of opportunities for operational improvements. This position is also responsible for reviewing material and service contracts for all internal departments.
Essential job functions include:
- Draft, negotiate and administer contracts, purchase orders and activities, lease agreements, consulting agreements and other contractual agreements in support of TCEC business activities. Develop detailed policies and procedures relating to purchasing and contracting processes.
- Initiate business partnerships with external vendors. Order necessary goods and services and finalize details of orders and deliveries. Verify receipt of items; authorize payment. Approve purchase orders and maintain purchase order records. Review terms and conditions of contracts and other agreements and negotiate with vendors as appropriate to secure terms that are advantageous to the company in terms of both quality and cost. Identify and manage potential risk and liability issues. Work with vendors to ensure performance goals are met; deliverables are received in time, and address other issues as needed. Review invoices to ensure compliance with relevant terms and conditions and to ensure that proper processing and quantities were invoices. Compose correspondence to vendors.
- Prepare, review, and release Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in support of procurements. Evaluate proposals and negotiate terms and conditions, awards, and administer resulting awards. Assist with quarterly and semi-annual corporate reporting. Work closely with budget, accounting, and internal project coordinators to resolve financial and other issues related to contracting activity.
- Develop and manage the proposal, bidding, and negotiation process while adhering to applicable legal standards and codes of ethical conduct.
- Track and manage the proposal, bidding, and negotiation process while adhering to applicable legal standards and codes of ethical conduct.
- Ensure all purchasing controls and separation of duties are being followed.
- Anticipate unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements. Establish supplier evaluation criteria and methods of analysis.
- Must adhere to best practice procurement standards including: conducting business relationships with respect, honestly and integrity; not entering into any transactions that might result in a personal benefit; and treating with discretion all information obtained in confidence.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to staff across the organization relative to procurement activities.
Candidates are required to have at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field and 6 years relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Prior utility experience is preferred. Desired qualifications include membership in a nationally recognized procurement/purchasing association, certification preferred.
Required abilities and skills include:
- Working knowledge of supply chain, applicable laws and regulations with skill in negotiation, persuasion, active listening and learning, critical thinking, analytical thinking, judgement and decision making, management of material resources, project management and time management.
- Broad knowledge of contract/purchasing procedures in a centralized environment.
- Skill in reviewing and analyzing terms and conditions of contractual instruments, including skill in negotiation terms and conditions of contractual instruments.
- Ability to identify liability, risk and propose solutions.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a wide range of people at all levels of an organization.
- Advanced skill using Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- Skill in preparing and giving presentations to internal audiences nd external vendors.
- Strong commitment to continuous learning and employee engagement and inclusion.
- Extensive level of attention to detail required.
- We are focused on a company culture that lives tis values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Leadership at all levels. This position will demonstrate these values and promote them throughout the organization.