Interested applicants should send application and/or resume to:
Tri-County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
600 Northwest Parkway
Azle, TX 76020
Tri-County Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer excellent benefit package(s) with full time employment. Wages based on experience/qualification/skills. Physical, drug, alcohol test screening required.
Position: Project Coordinator - 2 Open Positions
Locations: Azle, TX and Keller, TX
Reports To: Line-Superintendent/Assistant Line-Superintendent
Shift: 1st Shift – Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00 PM
FLSA Designation: Full Time – Non-Exempt
In collaboration with the Line Superintendent/Assistant Line-Superintendent, coordinates and directs the work of line crews and contractors engaged in the installation and maintenance of underground and overhead distribution lines, street lighting system and performs other related work as required.
Assists in supervision of personnel and contractors assigned to Line-Superintendent/Assistant Line-Superintendent in relation to the installation and maintenance of distribution system
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
- Assists ensuring good working conditions, and provides the opportunity for maximum creativeness, personal satisfaction, and sense of accomplishment for the Operations Department personnel.
- Assists in maintaining the existing distribution system in an effort to provide adequate and dependable service to the members and to construct new electrical power lines in an efficient manner according to an approved construction schedule.
- Assists in supervision of all personnel assigned to Operations; including planning, scheduling, organizing and directing work.
- Works as a member of a team dedicated to bringing adequate and dependable electric service to the members of the cooperative.
- Assists with the direction of contract personnel under the direction of the Operations Department, when assigned.
- Maintains a positive work environment and exhibits cooperative behavior.
- Schedules maintenance, construction, and repair work for all line crews.
- Monitors safety, the quality of work and job sites.
- Reviews construction drawings and coordinates related work and materials.
- Establishes work schedules and provides project status reports.
- Monitors jobs to insure quality, and proper compliance with applicable codes and job standards.
- Recommends improvements, changes or new techniques and procedures.
- Works in conjunction with other personnel in correcting system disturbances and unplanned outages, locating the source of the disturbance, and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Ensures that switching, tagging and work activity conforms to safety rules and instructions are received correctly over the radio and/or phone by requiring that field forces repeat the information and instructions given.
- Coordinates with system operation the de-energizing and re-energizing of distribution equipment including development and issuing of system switching orders and working clearances.
- Generates and maintains hourly, daily, monthly and yearly statistics and reports.
- Provides customer service duties during non-business hours.
- Participates in various projects, as required.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Utilizes spreadsheets, databases, word processing software, utilizes telephones, faxes, voice, radio, and telecommunication equipment.
- High school diploma or graduate equivalency diploma (GED)
- 10 hours (Credits) of NRECA Supervisor/Management training. (If not already completed this will be an interim position until training is complete)
- Seven (7) years of experience in electric utility construction and maintenance.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
- The skills to resolve conflicts and deal with difficult personnel matters in a professional and effective manner.
- Being well organized, able to multitask, and ability to effectively organize and schedule other individuals and projects to meet scheduled timelines.
- Ability to handle stressful, and/or emergency situations, in a calm and organized manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings and specifications.
- Must have and maintain a valid Texas State Driver’s License. If a valid Texas State Driver's License has not been obtained, then it must be acquired in a reasonable amount of time as specified by the cooperative.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum level of supervision.
- Must be very motivated and able to work in a team-oriented environment with assigned responsibilities and be able to complete all assigned goals and objectives in an accurate and timely manner while following up with Tri-County members and/or fellow employees to insure high-quality service.
Preferred Abilities and Skills
The following have been ranked the most critical skills associated with this position:
- Previous project coordination’s experience with a Rural electrical distribution cooperative.
- A minimum of three (3) years of project coordination’s.
- Previous experience as a journeyman lineman, qualified by successful completion of a recognized apprenticeship program.
- Computer Skills – Skilled in working with Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications.
(Scale: Rarely = Less than 5%, Occasionally = 5% - 25%, Frequently = More than 25%)
- Heavy lifting or moving of materials: Occasionally – Up to 50 pounds.
- Operates Equipment: Rarely
- Operates Office Machines: Frequently – PC, Printers
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Awkward Position (stooping, bending etc.): Occasionally
- Climbing Maximum: Rarely
- Eye-hand Coordination: Frequently
- Location: Indoor 50%, Outdoor 50%
- Work Conditions: Overtime and after hours’ work is required due to call rotation, storm related events and emergency situations. Occasional travel to related conference, training, and meetings.