Interested applicants should send application and/or resume to:
Tri-County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
600 Northwest Parkway
Azle, TX 76020
Tri-County Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer excellent benefit package(s) with full time employment. Wages based on experience/qualification/skills. Physical, drug, alcohol test screening required.
Responsible for the purchase, licensing, service, repair, maintenance, and disposal of all Cooperative vehicles.
- Performs mechanical repairs on all Cooperative vehicles and makes reports of parts used and labor required.
- Maintains and services all vehicles daily and makes reports of parts, oil, tires, batteries, etc. used.
- Keeps shop in clean and workmanlike condition.
- Maintains care for all tools and equipment required for performance of duties.
- Inspects units, as time permits, and keeps constantly on the lookout for preventative maintenance needs on vehicles.
- Washes, greases, changes oil and filters, repairs flat tires and other work on vehicles as required.
- Reports to Line Superintendent necessity for ordering ship tools, materials, equipment, and inventory of supplies.
- Maintains an inventory of repair parts, gasoline, oil, grease, etc.
- Responsible for licenses and registration on company vehicles.
- Must follow Cooperative’s safety rules and procedures at all times.
- Specify and work with appropriate vendors to bid out and purchase new vehicles for the Cooperative Fleet. Responsible for the sale or auction of replacement or outdated vehicles.
- Perform any and all other functions and requirements of the position as may be from time to time deemed necessary by the Line Superintendent and/or Operations Manager.
- Must have or be able to obtain a commercial driver’s license (within 90 days) and be able to operate heavy automotive equipment.
- Must have or obtain knowledge of all Cooperative safety regulations as related to duties of position and conduct all work in a safe manner.
- Must be physically capable of performing duties of position, which at times may require considerable physical effort.
- In addition to the required knowledge, must have the ability to perform the duties of position in a proper, safe, economical, and workmanlike manner.
- Must have extensive knowledge of truck, car, and heavy equipment transmissions, both standard and automatic.
- Must have or acquire knowledge of hydraulic devices and be able to maintain such devices.
- Must have knowledge of, and experience, in welding.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum five years of experience working on machinery and vehicles